Sunday, 5 February 2012

dl

DL
I may be twenty years too late but the ending of Twin Peaks has recently left me reeling. The familiar faces that have been my night time company these past few weeks have now vanished and left a lingering scent of
metaphoric black coffee and cherry pie. The aftermath has involved studious research on all cast and crew, most of which has been spent staring at images of Lara Flynn Boyle's plastic surgery and shaking my head in confusion. I'm not sure I'll be able to replace Special Agent Cooper, Lucy or Andy for some time but meanwhile I've found Chrysta Bell. Her collaboration with David Lynch on the album This Train recalls some of Badalamenti and Julee Cruise's work on the series and carries a similar sound of velvet curled cigarette fumes and filmic melancholy. Until Lynch decides to tell us how Annie is, she'll just have to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment